Tuesday, May 9

Updates from the Smiths...

I have not been faithful to post lately and thought i should give a little update on how things are going here at the Smith household. Jon has been sick with the cold the past two days and Carson has a little congestion (praying that it ends at that). We have a lot of time to just be at home as a family enjoying one another (which has been wonderful). Some of our favorite family times are playing in the living room, watching Carson delight in the smallest and silliest things, bath time for Carson, and playing just about anything outdoors.
We had a doctor's appointment on Monday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again...always such an amazing moment. the doctors said that the sickness that i am experiencing is probably due to the disorder and that it may continue much longer than we had hoped. I am trusting in God's faithfulness to provide strength and hope as this continues, just as He has these past three months. I have learned so much about where my ultimate refuge comes from, not a change in circumstances or rest, but in Him alone. I trust in His perfect plan for this pregnancy and this child and rejoice and delight in each day (as difficult or challenging as it may be) that he provides for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that Travis and I are praying for you all!
Love, Nora & Travis