Friday, May 19

My help comes from the Lord...

I have had a hard time sleeping lately (a mix of nauseous ness at night, my mind churning and then just not sleeping). Each day I am very aware of how tired I am and how weak I feel. The Lord has been speaking to me and providing so much strength to me through the truth of his word. I have been holding fast to these two scriptures lately...

Isaiah 40:28-31- 'The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength...but they who wait for the Lord shall renew thier strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.'

Isaiah 41:14 - “I will help you, says the Lord.”

C.H. Spurgeon (commenting on 41:14)- Let us hear the Lord speak to each one of us – I will help you. It is but a small thing for Me, your God, to help you. Consider what I have done already. What! Not help you? Why, I bought you with My blood. What! Not help you? I have died for you; and if I have done the greater, will I not do the less? Help you! I have done more, and will do more – Before the world began I chose you. I laid aside My glory and became a man for you; I gave up My life for you; and if I did all this, I will surely help you now. In helping you, I am giving you what I have bought for you already. If you had need of a thousand times as much help, I would give it you; you require little compared with what I am ready to give. It is much for you to need, but it is nothing for me to bestow. “Help you?” Fear not!

No comments: