Monday, May 22

Tears...

I had a harder day this past Saturday. A number of circumstances and events brought much sorrow and pain to my heart. In spending time with the Lord that day, through many tears, I was only able to make it through singing the hymn 'How Firm a Foundation' to my Lord. Though this was all I did in the hour I spent with Him, my soul was uplifted. The pain and hurt still remain, but I fear not, for I know that I am upheld by His righteous right hand. I trust that He is with me, my troubles to bless!!!

(parts of the hymn...):
Fear not, I am with you, O be not dismayed;
for I am your God, and will give you aid;
I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand,
upheld by my righteous. omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call you to go,
the rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
for I will be with you, your troubles to bless,
and sanctify to you your deepest distress.

When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
my grace, all-sufficient, shall be your supply;
the flame shall not hurt you; I only design
your dross to consume and your gold to refine.

No comments: