Saturday, October 27

recipe

My kitchen is out of commission so I have been trying to make easy meals these past few days. I remembered an old time favorite, Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Grilled Cheese. I usually cook them in a frying pan, but used my Foreman grill instead (I liked them MUCH better on the Foreman).

Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich

serves 4
(served great with Trader Joes Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup)

8 slices Trader Joe's Cabata Bread
Pesto
sun dried tomatoes
Provolone Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Butter

1- Butter sides of bread
2- On opposite side, spread thin layer of pesto. Top with sun dried tomatoes and sliced provolone and cheddar cheeses.
3- Grill on Foreman (or pan) until golden brown and cheese is melted.

1 comment:

Evy said...

This looks great Jenni! A great way to make a grilled cheese sandwich more 'fancy'. :) I'll remember this for one of those 'don't know what to cook' kinda days. :)