Tuesday, August 19

We are still alive!

It feels like it has been forever since I have last posted. I guess I have been saving the limited energy I have to get needed things done around the house. I do think that I am slowly turning the corner (praise God)! Thank the Lord I was able to enjoy our time away with the Jansen family this past week in the Outer Banks. We are so grateful for our relationship with the Jansen family and are humbled that they would ask us to spend a week with them on their family vacation. Needless to say, our time together was wonderful. The weather was perfect (except one cooler, rainy day mid-week). We spent hours on the beach playing in the sand, reading, playing baseball (Carson's new favorite) and surfing (everyone was able to give it a try...well...not me this time). We took lots of long walks, bike rides with Carson, fireworks at night, yummy dinners, card games at night...the list goes on. The only bad thing was that Jon's surf board broke in two on the last day. It got caught in a wave and just snapped! We were thankful that it happened on the last day.

What a blessing it was to enjoy such a wonderful week with a family we love so dearly. Thank you SO much Jansen family for everything...we love you guys!

Our blue house


Time at the beach










Hanging out with everyone at the house








Some Family and group shots



No comments: