Wednesday, February 28

Added Grace

i read this poem the other day and was encouraged so much. i was reminded of how much more of Him i have seen and beheld than ever before! what an amazing Savior!

The Thorn

I stood a mendicant (beggar) of God
before His royal throne
And begged Him for a priceless gift,
which i could call my own.
I took the gift from out His hand,
but as I would depart,
I cried, "But Lord this is a thorn
and it has pierced my heart.'
This is a strange, a hurtful gift
that Thou hast given me."
He said, 'My child, I give good gifts
and give my best to thee.'
I took it home and though at first,
the cruel thorne hurt severe;
As long years passed I learned at last
to love it more and more.
I learned He never gives a thorne
without this added grace...
He takes the thorn to pin aside...
the veil which hides His face.
-Martha Snell Nicholson

3 comments:

Jim & Tessa Winn said...

Neat poem Jenni! Thanks for sharing that :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's powerful. Thanks so much for sharing and I'm so glad that it encouraged you! Love you, friend!

Seth and Janet said...

praying for you friend! and so grateful for how God has placed you in my life :)