Wednesday, December 20

Finnish Baking

Today we had a visit from a very special person, my mom's best friend Tuula. I should restate that, not only my mom's best friend, but a second mom to me! Tuula is one of the kindest, most generous, and most loving persons that i know. She drove up from northern virginia today to do some traditional Finnish baking with Carson and I. Knowing that we are spending Christmas with the Smiths this year, she wanted to provide some traditional Finnish foods to the holiday (star cookies, karelian pies, and a rice dish). Although Carson was more fussy than usual today (which made it difficult to completely devote my attention to baking), it was WONDERFUL to spend a few hours together. Tuula, thank you for loving me and my family like your own children. We love you!


Since we are talking about my Finnish heritage, I thought that i would add a cute little picture of my part Finnish boy!

Here is another picture of holiday fun around the house...Carson checking out the Christmas tree (note how he climbed on top of some presents to get a better view)!

2 comments:

Tali Kauflin said...

Awww.... little boys in their jammies are the cutest sight in the world!!!

Tuula said...

I was honored to be called as a second mom. I brought great joy to me to spend this time with you. Love you all lots and lots.