Monday, October 2

peace

the last couple of days i have experienced a peace in my heart. the temptations, struggles, battles and pain still remians, but i can say that i have experienced a peace that transcends all understanding. the Lord has been teaching me more and more each day of this trail what it means to be perfectly satisfied with His will...the will of God.

when faced with a near death experienc of his daughter, George Muller said, 'I was enabled to delight myself in the will of God; for I felt perfectly sure, that, if the Lord took this beloved daughter, it woould be best for her parents, best for herself, and more for the glory of God than if she lived. this better part i was satisfied with; and thus my heart had peace, perfect peace' (The Pleasures of God, by John Piper).

His will being manifested in my son's life and death will bring Him the most glory...knowing that I can find rest. this is the better part, the part in all of this that matters most- the glory of God! it is easy to see all that is seemingly taken away from me, all the difficulty and strife this trial has brought me. but focusing on all of that only brings sadness and anxiety. when i look harder, i see His hand in it all...i see His perfect will, i see His glory beening made known so much greater in my eyes...this brings me joy..this brings me that peace. oh, how i pray that i would continue to trust in His will, that i would hold fast to his promises for my son and for me and continue to learn what it means to be at perfect peace with His sovereign will!

No comments: