Tuesday, November 7

Glory Baby


Chase Miller Smith was born on Monday November 6 at 11.56 AM. He was with us until 3.56 PM and then “he was not, for God took him” (Genesis 5.24). He died in the arms of his dada just after his momma and dada finished singing “It Is Well With My Soul” to him.

Chase fought heroically for that four-hour period of time, but that battle was not for him to win or lose, for Christ alone holds the keys of life and death. We count the four hours that God gave us with him as some of the most precious 4 hours that we have had while here on this earth. God was good in giving us every moment we had with Chase and He was and is good in taking him. Chase’s life and death has been and will continue to be one of the most life imparting chapters of our entire lives, for we have seen God through the life and death of this glory baby!

Chase, my son – we miss you so much! Though you died in the arms of your dada we know that now you are safe in the arms of your heavenly Father. You will not return to us, but we will go to you my son and your momma and I cannot wait to see you again!

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Guys, we wish we could have been with you in person, but know that we were with you in spirit. We prayed for you many times and are so glad to see God's faithfulness to you. Thank you for sharing this time in your life with all of us - we're provoked to love God more as we encounter Him through your eyes.

Krista said...

Thank you for sharing your journey, the joy and pain, the life and death- and for clinging to our ever present hope in times of trouble. I admire your faith and am moved by the beauty you have allowed to shine through these trials. You are truly allowing the light to shine in the darkness- and offering many hope beyond the grave. May God meet you guys today

Sherry Leviner said...

Jon and Jenni,

What a blessing I received as I watched and listened to the slide show of your lives with precious baby Chase. Today is the birthday of my little son, Jess, who went to be with Jesus Nov 22, 1974. He's met his cousin, Chase, now I'm sure. How precious that the Lord led me to read this today. He always encourages us at just the right time. Let me encourage you too that He always will.

I love you,
Aunt Sherry