Tuesday, May 30

a fortress and refuge

'But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and refuge in the day of distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love!' - Psalm 54:16-17

The Lord continues to reveal to me that He alone is my fortress and refuge. the past week has been difficult...I have been more sick than normal and more weak due to it. I continue to look to a change in circumstances, more rest, the 'right' food to eat that will stay down, help with Carson, help with the household chores for my refuge. If only...than I will feel so much better. The Lord has been so gracious to provide all of the above for me (well, maybe not that perfect food that works), and yet I still find myself weak and in the trenches of this sickness. He continues to draw me to Himself. To see that although he has not taken these circumstances away, it is Him and Him alone that continus to be my rock and provider. He provides my daily strength again and again and again. Oh, how great is the steadfast love of the Lord! Help me Lord, to sing of your praises all the day long!!!!

No comments: